Breakthru are funded by the Department of Social Development through the Public Health Authority to deliver Alcohol and Drug awareness programmes within the neighbourhood renewal areas of Coalisland, Dungannon and Omagh. We work with communities and voluntary and statutory agencies to address issues of substance misuse, build community cohesion and enable young people to make informed choices so that they may reach their full potential and contribute positively to their community.
The programmes we deliver are:
• Alcohol and Drug awareness work with groups of young people.
• Outreach and Detached work meeting young people on their own territory and seeking to build trust and understand the issues they have.
• Parent programmes .
• 1–1 sessions using motivational interviewing techniques.
• Diversionary activities including arts and crafts, fishing trips, go-karting, cinema visits and residential summer camps.
• Peer Education and Research programme promoting healthy behaviours.
• Ymax drug and alcohol awareness programme.
• Walking club for all ages.
For more information contact Sean Murray on 0781 0000 297